The Republicans in the House of Representatives finally have a plan to kill the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare).
We oppose the Republican plan to kill the Affordable Care Act. We oppose your plan cut healthcare for millions of Americans while giving huge tax breaks to the very wealthy and drug and insurance corporations.
The Republican bill to gut the Affordable Care Act and slash Medicaid takes health coverage away from millions of Americans – from seniors to children – will force people to pay much, much more for, high-deductible insurance and blows a huge hole in state budgets, while giving massive tax cuts to the very wealthy and drug and insurance corporations. And it defunds Planned Parenthood.
Here are the Key Points of the Republican Bill (From our friends at HCAN):
· The Republican bill guts the Affordable Care Act and slashes Medicaid.
· The Republican bill takes coverage away from millions of Americans by drastically cutting tax credits to buy coverage and by making enormous cuts in state funding for Medicaid.
· The Republican bill will hike the cost of health insurance for millions of Americans, with the biggest increases for seniors and moderate-income working people.
· The Republican bill hike premiums by 30% for people with pre-existing conditions if for any reason – such as losing a job – they don’t have coverage for 63 days.
· The Republican bill pushes people into high-deductible insurance plans and ends the ACA program that limits out-of-pocket costs to many working families.
· The Republican bill ends Medicaid expansion and slashes state funding for the regular Medicaid program by radically changing the way Medicaid is funded. States will be forced to end coverage and eliminate health care services for seniors, people with disabilities, children and working families.
· The Republican bill gives huge tax cuts to the wealthiest Americans and to drug, insurance and medical-device companies – it even has a special tax break for health insurance CEOs.
· The Republican plan defunds Planned Parenthood.
This message was sent to Carlson by Greyroots Action through MoveOn’s public petition website. MoveOn Political Action licensed and paid for this service, but does not endorse contents of this message. To unsubscribe or report this email as inappropriate, click here: http://petitions.moveon.org/unsub.html?i=37095-16052721-LWVR9d
Want to make a donation to help support petitions on MoveOn.org? Hundreds of thousands of people chip in each year to support MoveOn—which is how we’re able to keep our petition website free and support campaigns like this one. You can become a monthly donor by clicking here, or chip in a one-time gift here.